Wild Garlic Terrine
Links below are to the page describing the item
- Dice onions & sweat with a little rapeseed oil adding the nutmeg, cinnamon & ginger & ground coriander
- Cook for 5 mins (without colour) before adding the white wine
- Reduce for 4 mins, then add the parsley tarragon & marjoram
- Sweat for 2 mins before mixing the nettles, garlic & grated horseradish.
- Cook on a high heat for 5 mins then remove from heat
- Roast the pine cones gently until they open. Remove the kernels & crush before adding to the mix
- Add gelatine, salt & pepper to taste before blending the mix with the grated hard cheese
- Line the terrine mould with garlic leaves & place a layer of blended mixture along the bottom
- With the blanched garlic, nettle, cow parsley & cleavers, lay alternately with the blended mixture until you have reached the top.
- Line the top with more garlic leaves & press gently together.
Document URI: wildfood.torrens.org/Recipes/RamsonTerrine.html
Last modified: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 21:16:48 GMT
Page's Author: Richard Torrens
Recipe provided by Carl Shillingford
© 2012 Richard Torrens